Monday, August 9, 2010

Sandwich No. 82: Sturgeon and Eggs at Barney Greengrass


Barney Greengrass is an Upper West Side institution; as you can see if you squint at the picture, they've been around for over 100 years!  They're very well known for their lox and their chopped liver, but as you can also see from the logo, their moniker is "The Sturgeon King."  It surprised me that all this time, after many trips to Barney Greengrass, I hadn't had their sturgeon even once, so when Sturgeon and Eggs was on the list, I was excited:


I had to get it on a bialy; I mean, come on! :)

Anyhow, it was a good but not outstanding sandwich.  The sturgeon was very tasty, but the eggs dominated the sandwich, so it was hard to actually taste the sturgeon most of the time.  At least the eggs were well cooked.  I dunno, the sandwich felt like kind of a wasted opportunity; the sturgeon was great, but there were so many eggs that the whole sandwich felt unbalanced.  3.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment