Monday, April 6, 2009

Update

Sorry for not posting for a while. I'm starting to realize that I don't have a huge desire to post on weekends, so that may not be happening with any regularity. But anyways, just a quick update on the V-Diet. There will probably be more posts tonight.


Well, I lasted two and a half days on the V-Diet. My body just completely rejected the diet midway through the third day (I won't go into detail), and I discovered that I had lost, in two days, 7 pounds! That can't be healthy. So I decided to stop the diet and start eating normal food, and to my complete shock, found that my taste for food changed.

I now crave healthy food like salads and fruit, and am much more conscious of what I'm putting into my system. As a result, my energy levels have been consistently high for days, I feel stronger and more alert, my vision is sharper (I was having some vision problems for a little while) and my running performance has noticeably improved. Yesterday, I went on a three-mile run, which is a distance I haven't gone in a long time, and felt fantastic, better than I 've felt running in a very long time; I could have easily gone a couple more miles, but decided to take it easy.

The biggest thing I've been avoiding is sugar of any kind, which has worked out great and is easier to do than I thought it would be. Restaurants also tend to offer a lot of healthy choices, so being more conscious about that has been great too. Overall, even though I couldn't handle the actual diet, I would say it was a rousing success in the way I wanted it to be the most; changing my dietary habits. Thumbs up!

EDIT: Just to clarify something, I did gain back about four pounds after eating solid food again. However, that still means I lost three pounds of fat.

1 comment:

  1. Have you gained any of that weight back? 7 pounds in a few days is too much.

    ReplyDelete