Monday, May 18, 2009

Quickly checking in

I know it's been forever, but the jury I'm on has been overwhelming, and I'm nervous to post anything of substance while the trial is going on. I promise I'll have plenty to post and for you to read when the trial is over, which will likely be sometime this week. Until then, here's an absolutely hysterical, yet kinda sad, report about a bodybuilding competition in Belgium.


Event canceled after competitors flee

BRUSSELS -- The Belgian bodybuilding championship has been canceled after doping officials showed up and all the competitors fled.

A doping official says bodybuilders just grabbed their gear and ran off when he came into the room.

"I have never seen anything like it and hope never to see anything like it again," doping official Hans Cooman said Monday.

Twenty bodybuilders were entered in the weekend competition.

Cooman says the sport has a history of doping "and this incident didn't do its reputation any good."

During testing of bodybuilding events last year, doping authorities of northern Belgium's Flanders region found that three-quarters of the competitors tested positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment