Sunday, February 15, 2009

Personal Announcement

As some of you may know, I was training for a marathon until a couple of months ago, when I had a major injury that forced me into taking too much time off(I had a swollen thumb that ended up needing to be lanced, and if you wonder why that would curtail marathon training, let me just say that I hope you never have to find out). After recovering from the injury, I drifted back into weight training, which was my primary mode of athletic training in college.

However, I have a body better suited for running, and I've always performed very well in running in general; running, along with endurance sports in general, seems to be my forte athletically. Weight training makes me feel good, but I know I can never be very strong due to my muscle fibers and limb length, and that always makes me hit a limit in weight training that frustrates me. I also have problems in weight training with goals, since I can't get high enough weights to ever have aspirations to do power-lifting.

With all that said, I've decided to return to endurance training. I just did a test mile and a half run around my house and felt great. However, I'm going to try and be more diverse than I've ever been; running, swimming, cycling, racquetball/squash, tennis, weight training; I'm going to do it all. It should be a ton of fun, and when I start training towards an actual event, I'll let you know and possibly restart my old training blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment