Thursday, June 24, 2010

Updates, updates, updates

So sorry about the lack of updates lately; no good reason except that I've been watching an average of three hours of LOST flashbacks a night to try and get to the "present day" in the show as early as possible.  And I actually did it!  Here are some quick bullet points about what's up with me:


  • Everything's good, but the summer quarter of grad school has started up, making me have much, much less time to update.  I will though, I promise.
  • The sandwich adventure is postponed for the next couple of weeks while I take a vacation in Los Angeles.  If I have a car, I may try and do some of the sandwiches on the LA list from the same website.  I do have one more NYC sandwich post to make, which should happen tomorrow morning.
  • I'll post a summary of my thoughts on going through every LOST flashback tonight.  Short version: It was AWESOME, and I can't wait to formalize the order and make it available in some form to the general public.  Having watched a portion of the Pilot (which takes place over the first two days on the island, so I only watched the footage from the first day last night), knowing the character's back stories early has already made several scenes way more poignant than they would have been otherwise.  Also, I plan now on watching the show in "real time," in other words watching making each daily viewing only cover one day on the island.  The survivors spend something like 100 days on the island, so it'll take me 100 days to watch their adventures.  Should be a blast. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment