Monday, March 9, 2009

Future Plans

All right, here's the big announcement I mentioned earlier. I am going to fully dedicate myself to being a fast long-distance runner, which I know is my forte as well as something I just flat out enjoy doing. I won't pretend that I'm going to win races or anything at this point, but I'm sure that with a lot of hard and smart training, I can be competitive and maybe even get to the level of winning long races.

My long term goal is to run in the Boston Marathon, the most elite race in the United States in terms of qualifying. This will take years, not months, so this is quite a long-term goal, but a solid one. I will be following the Run Less, Run Faster program from the Furman Institute that Runner's World popularized to get there; the logic of that program just makes sense, and it will help relieve some of the boredom that comes from just running and doing nothing else.

My short-term goal at the moment is to lose body fat. I am currently at a frightening 25% body fat percentage, which is WAY too high for me to be at. If I don't suck in my stomach, which I often do unconsciously, I have a developing gut. My health is also not what it should be; my eating habits are flat out terrible, and I often feel very sluggish throughout the day.

Needless to say, I'm pissed off at myself, and want to make a drastic change. That is why I'm going to go on an extreme diet for a month, the Velocity Diet designed by Biotest. Biotest is probably the best supplement company in the United States (I can personally vouch for the effectiveness and quality of their products), and while the diet is expensive at first (550 bucks or so at the beginning), it also gives you an entire month's worth of high-quality eating and has been shown time and time again to give people extraordinary results.

I'm doing the V-Diet as much for the health benefits and for the changed eating habits as I am for the weight and body fat loss; I really have no idea what will come of it, but I'm excited to do this diet for a month, to FINALLY have discipline with my eating, and to get healthy and strong for my training.

I'm going to start this diet on March 30th. This will allow me to eat normally during a busy March in regards to family events (and chiefly, my mom's birthday), as well as let me save up some money to pay for the diet. It will also give me a chance to do some preliminary strength training to get ready for the intensity of the V-Diet weight program. Since the program on the V-Diet follows Chad Waterbury's new system, it seems logical to follow his "Get Ready" program in his new book "Huge In A Hurry" for these three weeks. I'll be posting exactly what I do on this blog. Should be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment