Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday, 3/9: Day 1 of "Get Ready"

Here's the first post about my training/journey towards the Boston Marathon. For now, I'm starting by not changing my eating patterns yet, but paying close attention to how I eat throughout the week. I typically skip breakfast, have a big lunch and dinner (both not at all necessarily healthy) and have no snacks during the day. Oh, and I also drink almost nothing, which I know is really bad. So as you can see, my eating habits suck. Hard.

I'm doing a three-week preparatory program for Chad Waterbury's V-Diet Training, called "Get Ready" in his book "Huge In A Hurry." This isn't required for the V-Diet at all, but I figured since I had three weeks and I had the book, I might as well try it out. The program is Monday, Wednesday, Friday. The gist of it is to disregard the concept of sets and just lift a specified number of reps with a specified weight level (i.e. light, medium, heavy) as fast as you possibly can with good form. It's a fast workout, and it utterly tires you out when you do it right.

3/9 (reps to 25, heavy weight):

Cable Mid-Pulley Row: @120- 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2
Dip @ 5 pounds added- 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
Dumbbell Split Squat @45- 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

No comments:

Post a Comment