Tuesday, March 31, 2009

V-Diet: Day 2

3/31/09: DAY 2

Today was much rougher than yesterday in terms of cravings and just general good feelings. This, though, almost certainly had to do with the fact that because of getting to sleep very late last night, I only got about four hours of solid sleep, which is not good at all considering it was also a weight-lifting day yesterday. However, the cravings I had today actually led to an interesting mental breakthrough.

I had my HOT-ROX capsule at 5:30 this morning. I'm going to be upping the dosage to the regular two capsules at a time starting tomorrow; my body is handling them just fine, and I could use the energy boost from some extra stimulants, not to mention the body fat loss.

I had my breakfast shake at 6:30, which was a strawberry and which was quite refreshing first thing in the morning. In fact, I liked it so much that I took the strawberry Metabolic Drive to work today. I of course also had Flameout.

When I got to work, I found out that the co-worker who had bailed out yesterday was actually going to be out ALL WEEK, which is concerning. We may be getting a new co-worker soon, that's all I'll say. But on top of him not showing up today, the OTHER co-worker that usually comes in today and Thursday, and who I've worked with for almost a year now and is very dependable, was AWOL today as well. Thankfully, it was a much less hectic day today than yesterday, but still. Things are weird at work right now.

I chewed on two Fiber Choice tablets at 9:30, and they actually picked me up a little bit; my energy levels had been feeling low for a couple of hours.

At 12:30, I had my lunch shake, another strawberry, and Flameout. This lunch shake was the first time so far that I actually started to savor the shake, as in not just down it or drink it slowly to cater to a long meal with others, but just sip it and enjoy the texture and the taste. It also filled me up.

At 2:30, I had my second HOT-ROX of the day. I actually took this while taking notes in a class, and my energy levels shot up quickly. Again, I'm amazed at how unjittery I feel when taking HOT-ROX.

At 3:30, class got out, and I ran to my car, made my mid-afternoon shake, another strawberry with Flameout, and drank that at about 3:40. It was then off to another class, and I was feeling good.

I got off work at 4:45 today, drove home, and for the first time in about 36 hours, got to just relax and do nothing. Such a nice feeling. I had my dinner shake at 6:30, this time a vanilla shake with Flameout. One thing that was strange was that right when I got home, I started to have solid food cravings. They weren't overwhelming, but they were more intense than when I went out to dinner last night! I guess it's just that I associate home and dinner time with solid food.

I went for my NEPA walk at 8:30, and for some reason at that late hour, lots of households were cooking dinner around my neighborhood, and the smells got a bit intense. The one that almost made me snap a little was garlic shrimp, which is one of my absolute favorite foods. I have a weakness for creamy foods, so the image of garlic shrimp with maybe an alfredo sauce started to enter my mind.

But then, I had a minor breakthrough. I started to realize that there was no way that a creamy, fat-filled dish would make me feel any better or healthier than I do right now. In fact, there's no way it would do anything other than give me momentary pleasure and not contribute to my goals as an athlete. Sure, I can still cheat with my favorite dishes every once in a while when I'm done with the V-Diet, but I'm starting to become conscious of healthy food and why I'd prefer to eat it over just mindless eating of tasty but bad foods. Excellent!

I walked a little over three and a half miles in fifty minutes, and got home pretty winded and sat down to write this. When I'm done here, I'll blend up my delicious chocolate almond butter shake, and crash into bed.

An interesting day today. Parts were good, parts were bad. I'm most pleased with my mental response to the cravings I started to have at night today. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment